It may not be a cold or the flu...it may be your indoor air quality!!
When we spend more time indoors in a sealed environment you need to think about the quality of the air in your house. When your air is polluted with allergens and irritants they may cause flu like symptoms that we can mistake for a cold or flu. Air pollutants such as chemical vapors and soot particles as well as biological irritants like animal dander, pollen, mildew, mold, or even cockroaches can cause irritation to your nose, throat, and eyes.
Not only causing a short term irritations these biological irritants and air pollutants can case long term health issues What can you do?
Here are a few tips to prevent these issues:
Have reputable contractors asses your vents to chimneys you will also want to ensure that you have proper ventilation when using gas or wood burning stoves as well as fireplace.
Avoid using air fresheners and candles with synthetic fragrances.
Ban smoking in your house.
Dusting, wet mopping, washing bedding, and thorough vacuuming is a good way to remove microscopic irritants immediately.
Prevent mold and mildew from occurring by keeping your house well ventilated and use fans in high humidity areas like bathrooms and laundry rooms.)
Use less toxic cleaners, glues, paints, and pesticides in your house.